Social Icons

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The RSS Feed, Feedly

Feedly is a place where you can dump all of you favorite online news sources into one place. The closing of Google Reader put Feedly where it is today. They report 500,000 new users in two days after the closure. Threre are extensions available in Chrome and Mozilla. 

I have been using Feedly in the past few weeks for my weekly article summaries, and it really does help. Instead of look through a bunch of websites for something to write about, I can put them all in one spot until I find something I feel like reading. 

There is also an iOS app and Android app. I haven't used either of them, but below is an example of what both look like. The left is iOS and the right is Android. They both look nearly the same and probably have similar interface, if I were guessing.

 

Feedly is the most popular RSS feed available. It would be my number one choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment