Social Icons

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Darknet, Tor, and The Silk Road

Needless to say, after this, I will never be the same. This is supposed to be a mini blog, but I dont know how well that will work out for me. As I am reading and looking, I just can't really look away. No matter how much I want to.

The Dark Net is pretty much the nighttime internet. A network of sites that can't be seen on the internet we use. They are normal servers, but you need software that makes you anonymous. With said software, you have access to drugs, guns, and pedophile rings. Who uses the Darknet? Well, the same people you would expect creeping around a dark and foggy night. We can all have something to gain from the Darknet though. Whether we want to admit it, everyone has a few skeletons in their closet.
I am not going to lie, after read more and more. I wanted to visit the dark side. So I downloaded Tor. Tor was created for the U.S. Navy. Its use would have be to protect the government. Now, Tor is used by everyday people, criminals, cops, businesses, and many others. The country nor IP address shows your location.

The Silk Road was taken down and back up in a little over one month. Now the Silk Road 2.0. I just want to take the time to say that I am amazed. The drugs that are sold on this website blows my mind. I do some online shopping from time to time. However, never did I dream people shopped for drugs online. LSD, molly, meth, ATM hacks, a hitman, you name it you can buy it. It all isn't completely illegal though. They sell things like hard drives and other random things.



No comments:

Post a Comment