Social Icons

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What's better than DIY?!

I am always using Pinterest to save a bunch of crap that I will never do. I have good intentions, promise! It's about time I started doing this stuff. There are a bunch of sites that are basically nothing but DIY projects. Some examples are MakeUseOfMakezineLifehacker, and Instructables. There are many more, but those four were the ones that I found to have more of the stuff I would be interested in. MakeUseOf is really shows you how to get the most out of certain products. I am going to kind of skip over it. However, I will be using it to help out with a few blogs that are coming! I have found quite a few things I would be interested in checking out, maybe eventually, I will find the motivation to do them.

Cornhole


Possibly my favorite thing to do during the summer is camping. However, I think it is more so the activities that take place during camping. I always take my cousins two kids with me when I go. They love being outside, fishing, playing, and basically running free. I would like to make them some cornhole boards. I think they would enjoy themselves playing. I meant to make them during the summer, but work got in the way. So right now it is put on the back burner.

Stripped Screw Nightmares



The struggle is real when it comes to screws stripping. They always tend to make things a lot more difficult than what they need to be. Lifehacker makes some suggestions to attempt to make it a little easier in this article. While it will never be a walk in the park there are a few tricks that might lighten the situation. One of them is using a wide rubber band. You simply just put the rubber band over the screw head, and grab a larger screw driver. It will help gain some traction.


Laser Scissors!

These sound like a complete blessing during the holidays for wrapping gifts. Especially if you have a mother like mine who is obsessive about the packages that go underneath her tree. While they make laser guided scissors already, they typically have either some crappy blades or are just weird. So why not make your own with scissors of your choice? Below is the video provided by Lifehacker!


The Holidays Are Here

Why not find some purposes for some old junk that will never have any other purpose. I found this and found it pretty amusing. I typically put the regular christmas tree up in the living room, but I also like to have some other crafty things throughout the house. Why not be festive with some old memory? All you need is a piece of pipe, some wood, and some floral foam. Plus a few tools and other old computer equipment like HD platters and processor socket to decorate with. 


Christmas Village


Since I have been a kid, my mom has been collecting a "village" of figures. There are houses, churches, skating rings, a hot air balloon, and many more. She always puts them on the bookcases that separates the tv room and the living room. Either the bookcases are getting smaller, or her collection has gotten too large. I personally believe it is the latter. Instructables has a tutorial for creating a village. You essentially just have to build a platform, cover it with cotton or white felt, and place your decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment