Social Icons

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Pro's and Con's of Facebook, Myspace, and Google+


Facebook, Myspace, and Google+, what is the difference? Essentially, I think all social media sites suck just because no one can use them without acting like fools. They want to argue back and forth and post everything from their shit, shower, and shave. However, if it were a perfect world, all of these sites have some good and bad features. I plan to pick those apart.




Everyone knows Facebook, and the love/hate relationship associated with it. It does have it's ups and downs. Eh, against my better judgement, we will look at a few of them.

Pro's:

Facebook allows people to communicate freely in which one may not feel comfortable speaking in a face-to-face conversation. It makes it easier to express how you feel even if you are hiding behind a computer screen. I guess in a sense it gives you a confidence you wouldn't have otherwise. It also allows you to connect with people you wouldn't be able to communicate with on a daily bases otherwise. I have family that lives in Florida and in Arizona. It is nice to see what they are up to, and pictures of them and their children. Facebook also isn't very hard. Anyone can use it.


Con's:


When one gets on Facebook do they simply just check their messages and then leave? I know anytime that I do that is typically not all I do. I end up looking through my news feed for the things that idiots have posted. Next thing I know I have wasted an hour of my life that I will never get back. That I should be using writing my blogs that I am so far behind on. Another thing that isn't very appealing is all the information Facebook asks for. If you have read my last blog about social media then you will get a gist of what I mean. One more thing that bothers me is that, if the only way you can express yourself is behind a computer screen, you are going to have some issues later on in life. One has to be able to speak openly at some point in their lifetime. That public speaking class might be the only time you have to be able to speak, but you still have to do it. For the love god and all things holy please do not get me started on the game requests.




Mywhat? Oh ok! I remember now, the has been who has made a said comeback. Sorry, I almost forgot what that was for a minute. It certainly isn't what it once was. The music social network. Why?

Pro's



Fantastic the local band can get it's name out. There are 53 million songs and videos, making it the biggest digital music library. Other than listening to some good music, I don't have much of a use for it though. So that is about the only pro's I can come up with. Sorry!

Con's



I miss the old Myspace. The one where I was introduced to HTML. I miss having that freedom. How do you even edit this? Anyone remember the bulletin board? The most annoying part is the scrolling. Sure lets take everything good and the world, and the way the internet has always been and change it. That won't confuse anyone. How often do you search for someone or something on social media sites? What were is the search bar? Oh ok, you just start typing, because that's how everything else works. I did manage to find my old profile. Not how I left it. It is disappointing, at best. Maybe I just hate change. It's me not you. 

I remember when Google+ first came out, I loved it! However, no one jumped on the bandwagon,  and what good is social networking with no one to socialize with? Since I have been on it again, it just looks confusing. I am not an active user and probably missed some good and bad. Bare with me though.

Pro's:


Google Hangouts is probably my favorite part of Google+. It would be so convenient if some of my classes were through Hangouts. Another thing that I liked about Google+ is that it looks like a google search and other Google products. It makes it somewhat easier to us. I have also found that the one of the most annoying things about Facebook is the game requests. That isn't on Google+ feed and notifications. I also like the circles. It makes it easier to pick and choose what I would want to share with who. Something that Facebook provides, but doesn't do it very well. 





Con's

Ahhh, the confusion! it is near to impossible to get from place to place. What happened to the simplicity? I may not just get the ways and the trade of it. My whole thing is why would the link to your profile be in a drop down labeled home? Another thing is, the new feed sucks! I am just going to say that Twitter does it best. The newest content first the the oldest. I can not for the life of me understand why one needs two columns of feed. I don't know what to start with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment