Social Icons

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Four Cool Google Chrome Extensions

Recently in class we have been taking a look into Google's PlayStore and what type of extensions they have to offer. The assignment this week was to find four extensions that we really liked. I have downloaded many in attempt to pick my favorites. It seems I have been successful.


Netflix Rate

I have found Netflix Rate to be useful because I am frequently using Netflix to find something new to watch. So, if you are like me and find cable near to useless, this is a good tool to utilize. I have found on more than one occasions than not Netflix's ratings do not really work all that well for me. When you download the Netflix Rate extension, Netflix not only displays it's ratings but also those of IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes. I think it is awesome, when I am looking for something new to watch, I get not only one but three sources of what people thought of it in one convenient location.

YouTube Auto Wide

Almost every time I get on YouTube I find myself annoyed with the videos. The first thing I always do is choose the wide setting on whichever video I have chosen to watch. The YouTube Auto Wide extension has made it to where all of the videos that I click to watch are already preset to be wide. While it is not all that big of a deal for me to change the setting myself. It is nice for it to already be there. Convenience is something I enjoy. Why not take the easiest way possible?

Black Menu For Google


Have you ever been on Facebook or some other website and think, hey, I need to check G-Mail, need to Google something, or want to know where something is located on the map? Well if that is the case Black Menu is awesome. It provides you with a list of various Google services without having to waste the time going to Google's website. After seeing various things, I typically want to search for them to learn more about them. If I see a location or venue I also always want to know how far away it is or where it exactly it is. For those reasons, I do not see how I survived without it before discovering this extension.

Sexy Undo Close Tab

I do not know about anyone else but I am always closing the wrong damn tabs. I find it pretty annoying, but I have always been a klutz like that. At one point the only thing I could do is move and and get pissed off because I have no idea what I just closed. That has all came to an end recently since I can now restore previously closed tabs with this extension. It is another one of those that I am just like how did I survive without you type of deals. At least I no longer have to mess up nearly everything I work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment