Social Icons

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The best things in life are free..

Ok so maybe not the best, but some things can be damn near close to it. As you can guess this is a blog about some sort of software. However, this isn't about your regular overly priced software. This is FREE!! What is better than that? I am going to introduce to you a few free software products that are pretty useful to me. So lets get started!

Tweet Deck

So to start off I am really not all that big of a fan of twitter. I like the idea, I just feel like the user interface sucks. That being said, that's why I never really use my account anymore than occasionally. I think I may have found away to possibly make me enjoy Twitter a little more. This is because of Tweet Deck.



Why can Tweet Deck make Twitter better? I like it just because everything is there in one screen. I can see what is going on in the timeline feed on the left. In the middle, I can see conversations I am having with other people. Lastly, on the right I can see what others are doing. Twitter still is not by any means my favorite still yet, but this is an improvement to it. 


µTorrent


uTorrent is essentially peer-2-peer downloading client, in which you can download large files. It works by others seeding the files. When using bittorrents you are basically downloading different parts of the file from different people. Now the question is why use uTorrent over another p2p clients? It downloads large files in no time. Also, it is very small, hence the µ, which means micro- in Greek. It doesn't offer a pretty user interface or internal search such as a bittorrent program like Vuze. It comes down to what is more important to you. 


The PC Decrapifier

Best thing since sliced bread, almost. I have been meaning to uninstall a bunch of crap that I never use for quite some time now. When is a better time than now? The PC Decrapifier makes it so easy. All I had to do was select what I wanted to uninstall and click next. It did the majority of the work for me. Beautiful! I now have no reason to be so damn lazy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment