Social Icons

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Image Hosting: 4 Images, 4 Sites

Who can't use somewhere to stash all of their images? If you take a lot of photos than image hosting can be idea for you. Photobucket, Flickr, Drop Box, and ImageShack are all free image hosting sites. I want to talk about how each of them are useful and then not so much useful in their own ways.

 photo photoshopcontest_zps4d9d3565.jpgPhotobucket


For the life of me I can not remember why I quit using Photobucket. Only a few years ago I used this site more than any other one. It is a great tool. Since I have been back on it, it seems like a lot has changed. Still yet is is somewhat handy. I like how you can click on the photo and everything you need is right there. If you want to share it in an email all you have to do is click it, and it automatically copies a link for you to the photo. What is really useful is that it also provides you with the html code you need to post on Blogger or somewhere else similar. Which is what I did with the image on the left.



                   Flickr

filters
I have never used Flickr before today, but there is one thing that really annoys me about it. How photos can be shared. It is easy, but it isn't really all that easy to find. There is a "share" button where you can share to Facebook, email, and a few other social networking websites. You can also click that symbol to get the HTML or the link to the photo. I grabbed the HTML and put it below



Drop Box

Dropbox's user interface kind of sucks. It is difficult to figure out how to enable public preview. It would most definitely be my last choice out of all of the above. Not to mention only having 2GB of storage isn't cool either. It is currently hosting that pie I made a few months ago. While it looked good, it wasn't by any means.




               ImageShack

ImageShack was never my first choice back in the day when I was still using Photobucket. As Photobucket, I haven't visited ImageShack in a long time so maybe there is some positive changes. The user interface looks nearly identical to what I saw several years ago. It is kind of disappointing that it has changed very little. It seems that Photobucket has improved in great strides in comparison with ImageShack. Sharing pictures is really easy which does make it more convenient than the other choices. You just upload it and it takes you directly to the HTML and links.

No comments:

Post a Comment