Social Icons

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Online Photo Manipulation Tools

Photoshop Express Online

Photoshop Express Online is a good alternative for minor changes to a photo. Maybe if something needs to be brightened up a little bit, or a little editing. While it is nothing compared to the actual Photoshop program, it is a helpful tool to use. It includes a few of the same features that is also included in a Photoshop license. Such as the burn and dodge tool. The photo below on the left is the original photo that I found on Google. I used the burn tool to bring out the colors on the same photo to the right. As you can see the the grass sky is a brighter blue, and there is more detail in the leaves. If you only need a photo editing tool to make some minor changes, this is a great tool that is free, and you don't have to download anything. There is also no registration required.


PicMonkey

PicMonkey has some pretty cool features that are seasonal. This is the month of October, and there are all kinds of spooky things going on. PicMonkey allows you to make yourself into a zombie, vampire, demon and numerous other themes related to Halloween. As you can see to the right, I used PicMonkey to turn Bruce Wayne into a zombie. Among many other features that are unrelated to the time of year. This include things such as a blemish remover and teeth whitener. You can also add eye make up such as eye liner and eye shadow. There is even a weight loss tool. What more can you ask for?

There is a downfall to PicMonkey, all of its features are not free. Many of the really cool effects you must pay for. For a premium package it is either $4.99 a month or $33.00 for a year. Is it worth it?  I probably wouldn't by a subscription, but it does have some handy features to play with.

BeFunky

BeFunky is a cool website. To me it pretty much seemed like photo editing for dummies. There are many things that you can do. I choose to use the sample photo they offered it is to the left. It put me in mind of an old diner. I decided to give it a vintage look to make it look like an old photo. The second option in the photo edit that looks like a wand gives you an abundance of effects the choose from. I choose one from "Old Photo." I then choose a frame from the instant menu. Lastly I choose a texture, which is the last choose on the task bar, to make it look scratched up. and below was my results. I am impressed with what all was offered without evening have to sign up for an account.



No comments:

Post a Comment